Jump to Navigation

Auto Accidents

State College Car Crash Lawyer

If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, the lawyers at our Pennsylvania Injury Law Firm can help you recover payment for your injuries. You deserve compensation for the hospital bills, the chronic pain, the rehabilitation sessions, and the frightening memories. You need experienced, local personal injury attorneys who can manage the entire process of obtaining compensation for you—attorneys who understand you and are sensitive to your needs.

Kathleen Yurchak, one of the founding partners, is an experienced trial attorney. She is not afraid to take your personal injury case to trial. Why is that so important? Some of the larger law firms first pass your case on to an inexperienced associate. These same firms also settle your case quickly for a fraction of what you deserve because it is more cost efficient for the law firm. We understand that you have been injured and the last thing you want to do is endure a long trial. We are prepared to do what is in your best interest, not the interest of our bottom line. Some cases may be clear cut and settle for a fair amount. Other cases require the toughness and experience of a seasoned trial attorney who will fight for a favorable verdict.

Insurance Companies

Car crash claims are rarely simple. The insurance companies, for example, are interested in limiting the amount of your financial recovery. They will make the process as difficult as possible. You can be sure that our skilled car accident lawyers will fight the insurance companies in court, when necessary; and will work to ensure you receive compensation for your injuries. Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer at Goodall & Yurchak via email or phone them at (814) 237-4100.

Types of Accidents

Our State College car accident lawyers represent people in many different sorts of auto accident claims. We have helped individuals secure compensation for injuries resulting from:

Types of Injuries

Common injuries that result from car accidents include whiplash, fractures and breaks, dislocations, neck and spinal cord injuries, herniated disks, disfigurement, brain injuries, and paralysis. Some of these injuries may even result in death. If you or a loved one has been injured as the result of a motor vehicle accident, you can count on the personal injury lawyers at Goodall & Yurchak to fight for the compensation you need to recover as fully as possible.

Causes of Accidents

Fault or negligence issues can be complicated, and an experienced personal injury attorney will look to a number of sources, such as police reports, state traffic laws, and witnesses, to help you determine who was at fault for your accident.

Some common causes of accidents where another driver may be at fault include but are not limited to:

  • Reckless driving
  • Speeding
  • Driving below the speed limit
  • Driving while intoxicated (DUI/DWI)
  • Driving under the influence of drugs
  • Failing to signal
  • Excessive lane changing
  • Disobeying traffic signals or signs
  • Disregarding weather conditions
  • Driving without a license
  • Driving on the wrong side of the road

Who is at Fault?

A person who negligently operates a vehicle may be required to pay for any damages, either to a person or property, caused by his or her negligence. Generally, people who operate automobiles must exercise "reasonable care under the circumstances." A failure to use reasonable care is considered negligence. The injured party, known as the plaintiff in a personal injury case, is required to prove that the defendant was negligent, that the negligence was a proximate cause of the accident, and that the accident caused the plaintiff's injuries. If you have been involved in a car accident, it is important that you seek legal counsel from an experienced personal injury attorney.

In addition to the driver who is at fault in some cases there may be other parties who can be held responsible for your injuries. For example, if the person did not own the vehicle that hit you, the owner of the vehicle may be held responsible for your injuries. If the at-fault driver was drunk, you may be able to bring a "dram shop" complaint against a business that served alcohol to the driver even though he was visibly impaired. In some cases, you may be able to bring an action against another party, such as an automobile manufacturer or construction company, if a defect in the vehicle or the roadway caused the accident. If the accident involved a tractor-trailer, the driver's violation of rules and regulations may be the basis for a lawsuit against the driver or his or her employer.

If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident, please call a personal injury attorney who will fight for the compensation you deserve for your car crash injuries. Contact Goodall & Yurchak via email or call us at (814) 237-4100 for a free evaluation of your motor vehicle accident.

For more information on Pennsylvania Personal Injury, please visit our Personal Injury Information Center and our Personal Injury FAQ's.

Email a State College, Pennsylvania Car Crash Attorney

State College personal injury attorneys providing skilled personal injury representation in the State College, Pennsylvania area, including University Park, Altoona, Clearfield, Lock Haven, Williamsport, Huntingdon, and Lewistown including Centre County, Blair County, Clearfield County, Lycoming County, Huntingdon County, Clinton County, Mifflin County, Union County and surrounding areas.

Practice Areas

Contact us for your Free Personal Injury Case Evaluation

(814) 308-0876
Briefly describe your legal issue here.
I have read and understand the disclaimer.